Visiting the states this year meant coming back with LOTS of hair & beauty products. Being home made me really miss hanging out in the beauty section of a store and just browsing (spending). Let’s jump in!
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner—I was late to this party, but I get the hype.
For under $5, this fast became my favorite conditioner. I use it to co-wash and it is fabulous. For more info, read my earlier blog
I do get SM where I live, but it is so much more expensive than it is at home. For me, it’s much easier to experiment with brands I love. This year their Jamaican black castor oil line got some competition.
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque — This is my cold weather deep conditioner. Not only does it smell AMAZING, it leaves my hair soft and strong. TIP: You can always add a little honey to any of your conditioners, if you can’t this one. Read more of my winter haircare tips here.
- African Water Mint & Ginger Detox & Refresh Hair & Scalp — This gets your scalp going, that’s for sure. It smells refreshing, and as a leave-in, it’s my new favorite.
- Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense Hair Masque — This deep conditioner and the normal conditioner work beautifully on my natural hair. It leaves it soft and nourished and smells divine.
- African Black Soap Clarifying Facial Wipes — Listen, we all have our lazy moments, so having a healthy wipe that not only cleans my face, but does it gently, without irritating my skin, is a win/win. My only regret is I didn’t stock up on more.
I’m a big believer in not spending a lot on makeup. Okay, every now and again I may splurge, but I’ve always found really nice products, in colors I like that aren’t expensive. Here are my affordable faves this year.
- Maybelline Lipstick—Blackest Berry 825 & Untainted Spice 950. Blackest Berry is a gorgeous dark purple color, good for all skin tones. The Untainted Spice is in the brown/red family, but on my lips, it reads a warm light plum/pink.
- Covergirl Liquid Foundation—Tawny 165 is the first foundation I really liked. I’m not a foundation person, so to find one that blended perfectly with my skin and didn’t irritate me was perfect. It’s my new one!
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge — Where has this been all my life? I used this along with my Covergirl liquid foundation and it blended beautifully. It’s the first time I didn’t look and feel like I was wearing foundation, which for me is the point. LOVE IT!!!
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy — 460 Hold’Em is a GORGEOUS shade of light plum. This nail polish goes on easy, dries quickly and stays on. I bought back a few colors, but this one is my favorite.
Maybelline Untainted Spice lipstick & Covergirl Tawny liquid foundation
- Babyliss Pro Titanium Dryer & Flat Iron —
This hair dryer and flat iron were worth the splurge. I don’t put too much heat on my natural hair, but when I do, it needs to be in the healthiest way possible.
So finding a dryer that cut my drying time in half was a great find. If you’d like to read more about my thoughts on both products, read here.
I absolutely LOVE what I do. Loving what I do means loving what I make. So no list of favorites would be complete without my favorite products of ours this year.
- Mocha hair towel wrap — This was my most used towel. I just adore the color. It did a great job of protecting my hair from damage all year.
- Plaid satin lined cap beanie — We actually bought this fabric for another product, but once we had it in our hands, I knew it had to be a beanie. Super stylish and healthy.
- Baby Towel/Blanket/Satin Lined Cap set — After many inquiries about baby products, it brought me so much joy to make our 1st baby set. I love being able to wrap our most popular products up in one bundle. Protecting baby’s hair and body with soft and gentle jersey, and getting those healthy hair habits started early makes this the perfect set.
What are your best beauty finds of the year?